Good Budget CD and integrated????

Hi Everyone. I have recetly saved a friend from buying a bose stereo and he is now looking for a budget integrated amp and a cd player. He will be using them to power Paradigm studio bookshelves. A Small active sub will also be added to round out the bottom end. Mostly classical music.
Any good ideas?
Budget is around $1000-1500us and new or used does not matter. Due to his price range, I would like to get used gear for the best "bag for his buck".

I think, for new stuff, we will start looking at cambridge audio....I am not really sure, and hence I put the Question to you.
Cheers
S
superfly676
If I only had those two choices, I'd go with the Classe CAP 151 and the Shanling cdp.

However, if I had $2K, I'd go with a tubed integrated (Jolida 302, or Cayin) and a Sony XA7ES cdp.
The Classe Cap 151 is nice. I had one and loved it. In an attemp to upgrade I got the CP-35 and CA-100 and it was a downgrade. The integrated was nicer.I don't know about Classe's new seperates but at the time the Cap 151 was one of their nicer pieces.I'm using a Jungson integrated in my second system along with a Jungson Tubed CDP and I think it is quite nice especially for the money. Nicer than the Classe Cap 151 but I am judging this on memory.
hey everyone
Thanks to all of you for your input. My buddy got a classe cap151 and a shanling cd s100 mkII. He is thrilled.
Cheers
S