Dynaudio c1 signature

Hi...im interested witch music instruments does this speaker performs most natural..correct...lifelike...tnx
128x128raindog031

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

Raindog031, a room like yours, i.e. of almost 27 square meters, will be adequately pressurized by speakers that are much larger than the C1s, e.g. Wilson Sophia, B&W 802D, Avantgarde Uno and DUO (u get the idea). All these speakers produce much more bass than the C1, so if you are unlike and your room is bass-hungry the C1s might get lost in it. Like you, I do not think that the C1s will totally get lost into your room. Probably even in the worths case a subwoofer, placed in the right place, will be able to solve this problem. (I have mentioned this just as a fictional scenario why you might not like the C1 and would want to re-sell them.)

Xti16, just because you did not heard other speaker that were more transparent than the C1 mk2 it does not mean that there aren't any. For example, all Focal Utopia monitor models (the Diablos probably have twice as much detail than the C1 mk2), B&W 805S/D, Wilson Duettes (and the list can go on and on..). I am not saying that when listening the previously mentioned speakers you hear details that you can not hear via the C1 mk1 or mk2 speakers, just that via the C1s those little things are lest obvious - one needs to pay much more attention to the music in order to become fully aware of those details. I have listen all models (mk1 and mk2) in the Confidence line often quite at lengths and they all have this characteristic. The strengths of all these Dyns is in the very natural and seductive midrange and powerful bass. Also, I would say that you are a bit biased here as it seems to me that you went directly from the C1 mk1 to the mk2 without much search (I apologize in advance if I am wrong.)

Regarding prices, I do not see the point you try to make - prices and or price differences are relevant in the present discussion. In the Netherlands quite a few dealers have both C1 models in stock and they will give a very generous discount for the mk1 plus full warranty but no discount for the mk2 models. (e.g. I have paid 4k euros for the C1 mk1 models I had in my room including the Dynaudio stand 4 stands and the speakers were basically new, i.e. no scratches and had full warranty. On the other hand a pair of C mk2s with stands cost 7K euros. A pre-own pair of C1 should cost here around 3k.)

Best wishes,
Paul
Xti16, just because you did not heard other speaker that were more transparent than the C1 mk2 it does not mean that there aren't any. For example, all Focal Utopia monitor models (the Diablos probably have twice as much detail than the C1 mk2), B&W 805S/D, Wilson Duettes (and the list can go on and on..). I am not saying that when listening the previously mentioned speakers you hear details that you can not hear via the C1 mk1 or mk2 speakers, just that via the C1s those little things are lest obvious - one needs to pay much more attention to the music in order to become fully aware of those details. I have listen all models (mk1 and mk2) in the Confidence line often quite at lengths and they all have this characteristic. The strengths of all these Dyns is in the very natural and seductive midrange and powerful bass. Also, I would say that you are a bit biased here as it seems to me that you went directly from the C1 mk1 to the mk2 without much search (I apologize in advance if I am wrong.)
Guilty as charged. I'll admit I heard the B&W 805s and SF Creamora Auditor M ONLY before deciding on the C1 MK I. For me it was one of those things once I heard the C1 MK I I knew my speaker search was over. I have to have the right mid range and top end sparkle which the Dyn's do great. I'll also admit I bought the Signatures before hearing them (gasp). Glad I did and would do again now knowing how they sound.

Remember this thread started by asking a question regarding the sound of the C1 Signature. As far as price I agree the MK I is a fantastic bargain. Everyone has their own taste. For me I love the C1 and the Special 25's - well I didn't care for (not as natural sounding kind of like the B&W's but very different). Also for my taste I prefer musical and not overly detailed. There are others who want every last bit of detail and to ME I find myself listening, no analyzing everything but the music (equipment - vocals - instruments and not hearing the music as a whole).
i also dont like overly detailed speakers...after a half hour they tire me...just want relax by the music and not think bout anything...regarding the price...i called my dealer and i can get c1mk2 and stand new for about 5500eu (i get good discount if i pay expensiver gear with cash) so as alternative i would take used c1 mk1 if its in range of 3500eu max nothing more(if it has no guarantee)...i think thats somewhat logic thinking...
Xti16, I was afraid my response will upset you. I am glad it did not as that was not my intention. We both like very much the C1s speakers, plus we are among the very few here who recommend quality watts over quantity for them.

Raindog031, sorry for the typos. English is not my first language. I hope it is/was not that hard to understand what I meant to write ("if you are unlike" should be "if you are unlucky", and "worths case" should be "worse case").

Regarding the original question, IMO if one succeeds to sort out the bass (to not draw attention to itself) there are very few speakers (if any) that sound more natural that the C1s. Except of the distortion effects of guitars which might sound a bit soft (but this depends also on the amp used) most instruments will be rendered very very naturally.
no problem paul...niether is my first language...you write pretty correct for me to understand...it was my reading mistake...you all are describing your perception of speakers for every question asked werry well...i hope it will help some other folks who might be interested in dyns...