Modern Day Good Transport

I am in the process of going back to a DAC (Electrocompaniet ECD-1) and Transport setup. Any suggestions of some newer or few year old options for a good transport?

Suggestions would be much appreciated..

Chris
128x128the_kid
Jafox,

I agree that the 2-nd digital IC has to be of high quality. I was talking about the first one (form transport to lens). It does make SOME difference, but it is nowhere near as great as the second one, and if you are on the budget, that is the place to save some $$$ IMO.

The best way to save money using GDL is going with ST cables - they are superior to electrical connections and are dirt cheap (you can get one for 30$). Talk about "value-for-money" here. The problem is, not many components sport ST ins/outs. But if they do - use them by all means.

As for power cords - I have tried Shunyata Diamondback and could not tell the difference. Maybe some more expensive cords would, but I was not encouraged to try.

BTW - get the GDL with plastic remote - it doesn't look as good as metal one, but it is easier to use (and it is cheaper). I had both.
Try a good computer-based transport. I just got myself a Red Wine Audio USB select and love, love, love it. $400 and it doesn't need a good power cable as it runs on batteries. It's the sound I've been craving but never could get from CD transports.
I bought a Sony X-707 and had it modded by APL-Hifi to work as a stand alone transport (same as the older highly regarded Accuphase models). These players can be found for around $600-700, add $450 for the mods and you get a terrific transport for around $1K. It replaced my CEC TL-1.