what is the best sounding speakers for under 5000.

looking to replace psb stratus golds. which floor standing speakers would you recommend that would be an impovement for a listener of classic rock. using vincent 236 integrated with jolida 100 cd player. best for under 5000.
vikingnick
There some good suggestions made above, such as the Audiokinesis, so I am just suggesting some other considerations. If you are looking for a warm sound, consider the "classic" Spendor box speakers (I prefer them to the floorstanding models). If you want a leaner sound, the thin and tall floorstanding model from Synthesis (Italian brand) is great with tube electronics (hard to find and audition).
Many good choices mentioned but I am a fan of wide range Walsh drivers in the end and always end up coming back to the OHMs. Depending on room size and new versus used, these might even come in at well under budget but I like the larger 5 or 5000 models with on board level adjustments to help match the speaker to the room if those can fit nicely into the room.
Those Tempesta's looked interesting, but I don't see the point of a small midrange with a 7" woofer ... shouldn't the 7" woofer be able to reach up to the bottom end of the tweete without problem? In talking with Rick it seemed like he only decided to use that small Accuton because it has it's own sealed cup, and doesn't need it's own chamber in the cabinet ... which makes it compatable with those pre-fab cabinets he's using. So basically the limiations of his cabinets decided what drivers he could use, which seems backward to me.

I'm also not a fan of very small midrange drivers, I've heard hundreds over the years with 4" woofers all the way down to 2" dome midranges, and they all lack scale and weight to vocals. Yes they can sound very clean and accurate, but they don't convey a sense of power.