ESOTERIC X-03 VS. AYRE C5XE

I am looking for an SACD player with great redbook as well.
My price range is $5000.00 with a $7500.00 maximum. It seems nearly impossible to hear the Esoteric X-03 along
with the Ayre C5XE. I'd prefer to buy after hearing both together. Has anybody out there heard the two together, or
personally owns either and can venture their opinion as to the quality of sound that each produces?
kjl
As an owner of the C5XE I can only comment that it is worth every penny. I have been spending the last month or so rediscovering my CD collection. It does an excellent job on the SACD and DVD-A formats. I haven;t heard the X-03 but have listened to the DV50s and I feel the Ayre is superior.
The only thing in common between the DV-50 and the X-03 is the brand. DV-50 is an older universal design, which does not even have the TEAC VRDS transport, but an apparently very average OEM transport. X-03 is essentially a scaled down X-01, including a simpler/lighter version of the flagship VRDS transport.
I have auditioned Esoteric X-03SE side by side with Ayre C5XE. for me, Esoteric aced it. It has sweet extended highs; realistics voices; neutral midrange and tuneful but powerful bass. It simply deals with musically. It also digs details but never sounded harsh nor bright.

Right now, I owned Esoteric X-03SE for more than a month.
This might be my final upgrade on the source.

Anyway, do not take my words for it, Still try to audition for yourself.

B.rgds,
eddy