Magico Q7 . . . wow

In the world's best audio system

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=86&Itemid=285
holenneck
I know... where are the moderators? Look at some of the comments that have been made towards me...

I do not "hate" Magico speakers, I was merely saying that they are horribly over priced. If you own them and paid retail for them, I feel sorry for you.

Many people would agree that a great sounding speaker (and even better sounding than Magico) could be purchased for half the cost.
Audiofreak, Please list a speaker that costs half the price of the Q1 ($25K) and sounds better. Also for the Mini 2 ($30K) , and the Q3 ($40K). I'd like to know what to audition for my next upgrade. I assume you have heard these particular Magico models. Thanks.
I would much rather have Dynaudio C1, Sonus Faber Guarneri Momento or Wilson Benesch than a $25k Q1 any day. With the rest of the money I could get a Navitimer World and a few nice dinners. Just because they spent a bunch of time building/designing a cabinet, does not automatically make it a better speaker. It is sad to see people blowing this kind of money on a pair of speakers, then selling them for 40-50% when the "bills come due".
"Like better" is also in the ears of the audiophile. I personally like/love my Apogees, but they do not have the bottm end slam of a good cone speaker, let alone the Magico's.

Would I replace them with Magico's? Not unless someone was offering me a direct 1 to 1 trade with no money out of my pocket.
Ptm...

Exactly..

You are happy with your system and do not feel like going out and dropping an "extra" $100k that you don't have anyway for (maybe) a little better sound.