Esoteric UX-1: How "noisy"?

To all of those who have an Esoteric UX-1 or X-1: can you hear the disc spinning from, say, 10 feet away? I realize that Esoteric has built a massive assembly but on quiet passages I can distinctly hear the "whirring" of the platter. It's distracting, to say the least. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
veloceracing
As far as i know the first available timeslot for updating an X-01 is in early July. As there is 0 profit margin for dealers in the update, you may want to contact TEAC America directly at 323-726-0303 to make any arrangements for your unit.
Actually if you want to contact Esoteric direct to schedule the upgrade, call 323-727-7617 and request an "X-01 Limited upgrade". They will schedule a time that is most convenient for you.
Either phone numbers will get you there. According to Emma at TEAC, a number of X-01 upgrade kits are expected this week from Japan, but TEAC is already booked up with upgrade jobs until early July.
Thanks for the info, guys. I called Esoteric directly and got the upgrade scheduled for July 10th in about three minutes. Seems like if you want information, the audiophile network is better informed than the dealer/rep/manufacturer chain!
Mgottlieb, before you send your beloved 60lbs baby across the continent in its original slightly flimsy triple-box for some elective bowel surgery, you may want to buzz again the Teac America gang, and ask them to ship you one of the new bigger-sturdier triple cartons which include thicker and more rigid inner packing material. Your X-01 will be eternally grateful. . . or at least for a couple more years it will!