CDP build quality

My last two CDP have lasted under a year. They are "lower end" units costing just under a grand. Am I unlucky or is this the norm in this price range. I am shying away from buying a more expensive unit because of this problem. Also, my main (best sound) player is a TT which crushes the sound quality of my existing (now broken) player. As such, is it wiser to go the squeeze box route if I can't afford a 3K CDP. In final, my main player is the TT, although I did not use it as much as the CDP. Please help
csmithbarc
Get an SB3 & DAC like Benchmark DAC 1. Or if you're lucky you could get ARC's DAC when it rarely appears. The convenience of browsing thru your music db from your listening position using SB3's remote is unbeatable.
I have had a total of three players since 1985. All retailed for under 1K. I sold the first after 4 yrs and bought a Denon 1520 in 1989. It still works. In 2000 I bought a Denon 1650 AR which I am currently using as a transport. The Denons had a great reputation for build quality, but I have to think your experience is atypical.
I'd be curious as to who made the faulty players. I'm looking to replace/upgrade my NAD C-541i which has served without a hitch for a few years and would like to know what to avoid.