One sub or two?

Thinking of adding a sub, or two, to my speakers. Anyone out there have any experience with going from one to two subs? I've used a REL Storm III in the past (just one) and loved it. Any thoughts about using two?
louisl
I actually have a Rel Storm III working together with my B&W 804S, in a 3700 cu ft room. I like it with the Rel a lot better than without, BUT I'm looking at getting rid of the Storm and bringing in 2 subs + Anti-Mode 8033. Rel sounds nice but not very articulated, and I'm crossing it over with the ABC network at about 45 Hz. I'm inclined for sealed enclosures now, and also considering servo-driven subs (Rythmik).

FWIW, in Sound Reproduction Floyd Toole recommends two subs playing the same summed up signal from L & R, placed at 25% of room width at each side of the front wall. So if the wall is 16 feet wide, one sub at 4 ft from one side wall, and the other at 4 ft from the other. By doing this the first 3 width room modes are kept in check. Then I further plan to improve things with DSP by the 8033.

Also FWIW, when I grew dissatisfied with the Storm I was thinking a larger, huge amp-driven sub to replace it. Some folks made me rethink this.

Anyway, my two cents.
Just wondering for those rel owners with 2 subs, when you hook up via high-level inputs only, doesn't that mean that both subs are outputting the identical sound? In order to achieve true stereo do the subs also have to receive low-level inputs from a variable output low-level amp connection with left and right?