New amp? Thiel...

Bought a pair of Thiel CS2.4's about 6 months ago and they are just as amazing as the reviews say. I'm driving them with a Krell KAV-250a, which has plenty of power but somehow I'm wondering if there's not a better amp for the Thiels...

The rest of the system includes a Krell HTS7.1 (need to maintain the HT/2-ch in one room, so not much of an option there... besides the analog pre of the HTS7.1 is pretty darn good), a Clearaudio Champion with Benz Silver MC, Graham Slee phono stage, Oppo BDP-95 (xlr analog) and all Cardas cables. The room is pretty much a concrete bunker... basement with carpeted concrete floor, concrete walls with drapes on the walls (basically thickish cotton/synthetic blackout curtains), so it's a pretty bright room. I know I need to add some acoustic panels to it, that's on the list.

I've heard the Thiel CS2.4's with a very large (and out of my price range) McIntosh (MC1.2k) and that's an amazing combination.

I would sell my Krell (seems to go for $1100-1600 depending on condition lately) and I would add another $500-1000 to that...

Any recommendations where to start looking?
128x128audiojan
If your 2.4s are new, then you will need the better part of a year to properly break them in. I speak from first hand experience with these fine speakers and it took me that long playing them for a couple hours a day. They simply need break in time. Your Krell should be ample power to properly drive them; I use a 45 wpc CJ CAV50 and love the sound, though some Audiogoners here don't believe this is possible. Also, here's another "throw you for a loop," I replaced my Harmonic Tech speaker cables with Mapleshade Single Helix cables and these are by far better in dynamics, smoothness and extension than the HTs. Just keep playing those 2.4s and they will continue to improve!
I drove a pair of Thiel 3.6's with a cj mf2500A (ss 250 wpc), cj prmier 350 (ss 350wpc) and a cj premier 11a (tubed 70wpc) and all three did a great job. Thiels and cj are a very nice combination smooth and detailed.I am sure there are others but this was my experience.

Chuck
I have used Bel Canto REF1000Ms partnered with an Audio Research Reference 5 (then 5SE) and an Ayon CD5S (CDP/DAC/tube pre) with my Thiel CS3.7s.

Now using Electrocompaniet AW600 aka Nemos

I had used the REF1000Ms with my 2.4SEs before this