Any thoughts on the CD "trimmer"

I have read good feedback on the Audiodesk(I think that's what it's name is)CD trimmer.Supposedly many/most CD's are not round,and this aids in a perfectly round trim,as well as creating a correct edge angle.Does this thing really help sound?

Thanks!
sirspeedy70680e509
The process works! Find someone who has one; listen to your CD untreated and then then his that has been trimmed. It is an amazing tweak. Forget the marker; it isn't needed. After cutting your collection cryogenically treat them which is the next best inexpensive tweak there is. Your sound stage will will have a blacker background and smoother presentation.
This is the kind of info I had hoped for,when posting.Thanks to all.
IMO,the issue is sort of like the debate about aftermarket fuses,of the expensive variety.Many variable opinions,and I wanted SO to not get them.Well the proof was in my own experience,and as a friend purchased them,they were CLEARLY superior,in his(I have same unit)pre/phono section.Case closed!EXCEPT...in this case we are talking of a device costing more than a few bucks.And,once again,taking all the technical babble out of the equation,can sound a bit silly.
SO,I and my pal called a dealer,we have bought a good deal of stuff from,who carries the "trimmer".He has used it,and we inquired as to his thoughts,since we were/are interested in it(BTW,I am mostly a vinyl guy,but do feel CD is indispensible,for new music,and music comes first).
Well,here was a chance to garnish a double sale,yet SURPRISINGLY,this dealer actually tried talking us out of a purchase,and did not try to sell us anything else!
Whoa!How often do we see this?He explained that,in his experience,he and his associates cannot hear the differences between a cut vs uncut(OK,trimmed) disc.The guy has ben around for a long time,too.Hence,my post.
I am still on the fence here,but my pea sized brain is still in the process of evaluating other opinions,before making a final decision.
Best!
sirspeedy: If you want, you can send me a disc or two and i can trim them for you. That is all that i will do though, as i do NOT believe that markering them up is beneficial. In fact, in my experience, it has been a drawback. Anything that you want to do after that is obviously at your discretion. The only thing that i ask is that you include return postage fees if / when you ship the discs to me. Sean
>
Anybody: I've never messed around with treating CDs in any way. But to those who've found a difference (good or bad) treating them with markers, how exactly should I go about this tweak if I want to experiment? I'll burn 2 copies of a test disk, treat one, and compare the treated and untreated versions and post back here.

Albert: You say Krell confirmed your finding that "overhead halogen lights, shining through the Plexiglas lid of their MD10 CD transport, affected the bit stream to the D-to-A converter". This implies that they actually found a change in the measured datastream, and also that they controlled for any effect that such lighting fixtures may have on the powerline (presumably by measuring the data with the lights on, versus with the lights still on, but blocked from shining into the player). I hope that is the case, otherwise it seems to me no causal link could be established. Of course, as you also indicated, either way this probably has little relevance for the vast majority of disk-players made.

Mlsstl: You wrote "I've also compared the audio quality of CD's to bit-for-bit verified hard drive copies (which involve zero light of any kind) and heard no differences". While I can't do the bit-verification thing, using my Alesis MasterLink with its digital output fed to a Theta DAC, I've compared the 'live' playback of CDs with that of the same CDs ripped to the unit's internal hard-drive, and they don't sound the same (the hard-drive sounds better -- but both sound inferior to the same CDs played 'live' on a Theta transport).