The current SOTA SACD player

My current playback includes the non signature version of the EMM Labs Dac's.As I am considering upgrading I would like to know what fellow Audiogoners think will better it in terms of smoothness and detail. Single box player suggestions are certainly welcome with the emphasis being on SACD playback as I have quite a few of these discs.
Thanks
ecka
Mikelavigne is very eloquent. My approach is more direct.

Alex, butt out.

Thank you
IMO Alex should stick to building and designing his digital products and let Brent do the talking for APL. Everytime Alex injects himself into these threads I get a sour taste for APL. Alex is certainly free to do and say what he pleases- I'm just not sure how well it is received- not too well in my case.
Hello Mike,

You make some valid points. Thank you for your concern and friendly advice, I appreciate it!

The fact that many posters online are predetermined about the products they own without having any solid bases is at times overwhelming for me, sorry to say. This was the reason to challenge Oneobgyn’s “IMO it does not get better than EMM Labs”.

You know well that I respect Ed, Andreas and all the rest from EMM Labs. I have defended EMM Labs on many occasions here and on the Audioasylum. Since many consider EMM Labs (and especially the new Signature) being the World’s best SOTA digital, it is always a good challenge and fun to audition alternative digital solutions against it. What is wrong with that? Blind and hollow claims that “It does not get better than this” do not really make any justice until there is an A-B test, right? After all, isn’t this Audiophile hobby all about challenge? Why do you own EMM Labs? Why don’t you have Zanden, dCS, Goldmund or Esoteric separates for example? You have provided the answer yourself – “I want to buy it if (and that’s a big IF) I prefer it to my EMM Labs.” That’s it! You’ve challenged everything on your list and made the EMM choice. This is what every Audiophile who is after SOTA audio gear would do.

EMM Labs as well as ANY digital front-end owners are more than welcome to challenge APL customers or me directly. I’d be VERY happy to see that. I have always welcomed the so called “System Hopping” events organized by the Bay Area Audiophile Society where several members would open their doors so other interested members can audition variety of well regarded gear without any sales pressure and also bring their own audio components for A-B test. It’s a lot of fun but it also provides “IMO” based on actual experience. This is the right place to mention that I really respect your open minded willingness to experience alternative solutions in your own system which puts you in the right position to provide meaningful “IMO” to those who are interested to know the result.

We may not agree on everything in Audio but I also consider you a friend. It makes me very happy that you are considering auditioning the NWO-2.5 in your system. I hope you will not reconsider and I can’t wait to hear your conclusion!

Regards,

Alex

"“It does not get better than this” do not really make any justice until there is an A-B test, right? After all, isn’t this Audiophile hobby all about challenge? Why do you own EMM Labs? Why don’t you have Zanden, dCS, Goldmund or Esoteric separates for example? You have provided the answer yourself

Alex...first and foremost I am an Obstetrician/Gynecologist for the past 34 years and have been into this hobby since that time. Suffice it to say I have given up counting the number of different systems that I have either owned or heard. I have no vested interest to hawk anyone's products. Nonetheless I have heard all of the gear that you mention above and for my ears and my taste (sic A/B test) the EMM Labs IS as good as it gets.

Initially I was interested when you sent me unsolicited e-mail suggesting that you bring your gear to my house for an audition. You failed to tell the readers here however that you were so certain that your gear would outperform the EMM Labs that after a few more e-mails from you I came to the conclusion that it would for me be a no-win situation. And yes you did bash EMM Labs to me.I will say again that I feel very strongly that it is wrong for a manufacturer to be carrying on in the manner in which you do here on Audiogon. Perhaps you should spend some money and list "for sale" your gear as other dealers and manufacturers do.

I initially had great interest in your product but after reading so many of your posts as well as your e-mails to me I have absolutely no desire any more to partake in an audition. As an audiophile, I feel that to be sad, however you have brought that on yourself.
As an observer of this thread, it seems to me the issue between Oneobgyn and Aplhifi is at an impasse, and as there does not appear to be any resolution it's perhaps a good time to move on.