anyone heard dc10audio speakers?

I'm most intested in their Berlin II studio monitor, but would like to hear what anyone has to say about any of their products
r_burke
Hudsonpatrick said
I have the 8ps. They are great of of the box, but after a few months, they are magic. They have a huge sound.

What amp are you using and can you provide a little more about the sound and what kinds of music you listen to and what they sound best with? Obviously I'm starving for details...
Re: DC10audio - Instrument 8PS speakers -
I have played both the Jadis JA-80 monoblocks and the VAC 70/70 Renaissance amplifiers. Both with great success. I also had Deja Vu's 2a3 tube amplifier connected and it's amazing what 8-watts stereo could do on those speakers. The more the speakers break-in, the more the list price seems reasonable.
I heard the Berlin's at RMAF and really liked the sound. In a more recent thread, it was mentioned that the tweeter and drivers are made in China and that the base cabinet is available from Parts Express. I looked that up, and sure enough there was the base cabinet for $159. The dimensions were the same. This raised red flags.
Hi, that information was posted by a dc10audio competitor at RMAF and is incorrect. They are mean people!

The drivers are made in France and Denmark. The old Berlin used a base cabinet similar to the PE cabinet possibly even the same maker only we import them this company makes cabinets for Quad, klipsch, and 100's of other brands.

The solid wood baffle and parts are made by us here in the USA. The innovations speak for themselves.

The new Berlin and Berlin R is made from vacuum formed Italian poplar ply built in-house.

Q
Some have claimed there will be phase issues with the horn as bass port.

"Their cabinet will not have a flat FR curve. I will also be out-of-phase. As such, a resonating cabinet will add improper sounds to the room."

Comments?