How much should I pay for a 2001 Thiel CS 3.6?

Hi guys
I'm a novice to this audiophile business.
Came across an offer and opportunity to buy a 10-year-old Thiel CS 3.6 here in town.
Went to listen and see them. They look in great condition and sound fantastic (of course the guy has an $11k, 300W amp etc so that helps..). Is there anything specific I should check for? How much should I pay for these? should I be concerned that they'll be in a bad condition in a few years?
Thanks
Yuval
audionewguy
Thanks everyone
I am so confused..
Came across a chance to buy these speakers around $1300 but really didn't plan on buying a high power amp until I met these speakers. there seems to be a consensus that these speakers must be driven by very strong components.
If you had this money for speakers and a 80-100W amp as a given, would it make sense to buy these at all? in this configuration, could they actually sound WORSE than a new pair of B&W you could buy at the store??
Thanks
That wouldn't make sense if you plan on keeping your current amp. You need at least 250wpc for these.
Agree with Philojet, unless you intend on blasting the Thiels in a large room. I have owned a couple of Thiel speakers and they do have tipped up highs. Have also owned the NAD C352 and did feel it had a full-warm sound which may tame the Thiels.
If you like the Thiel sound and the price, I say go for them.
Definitely would not worry about their age.