How much should I pay for a 2001 Thiel CS 3.6?

Hi guys
I'm a novice to this audiophile business.
Came across an offer and opportunity to buy a 10-year-old Thiel CS 3.6 here in town.
Went to listen and see them. They look in great condition and sound fantastic (of course the guy has an $11k, 300W amp etc so that helps..). Is there anything specific I should check for? How much should I pay for these? should I be concerned that they'll be in a bad condition in a few years?
Thanks
Yuval
audionewguy
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the detailed advice!! you guys are great.
So I decided to do something that most audiophiles will probably consider a sin...
I'm going to take a commercial Sony 125W amp I have lying around and will go to the seller and hook it up the Thiels tomorrow to listen to how they perform with a low-grade amp If they sound good I'll get them and with time will look into upgrading upstream components gradually and making them sound GREAT.. I'll keep you posted, thanks for all the help
Yuval
Hi guys
So - wanted to share with you, for closure - that I bought the Thiels with a set of Goentz cables for $1400. Thanks everyone for your insights and help!!
I'm very happy. Guess now I need to open a new thread on best amp for these speakers under $1000... currently thinking about NAD 356 BEE w/ DAC although it may be low on power to drive these babies..
Cheers
Yuval
sounds like you got a bargain

I hope you enjoy and let us know how it goes after a few weeks of listening