REL G2 or JL Audio F112 ..thoughts for 2 channel

I have a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona M's floor standing speakers.....they go down to 40 hertz.......I was thinking about adding a sub in a room that is about 11' across and 20' deep with a 7' celing.....the speakers are on the short wall. The room is all ASC treated. I do not have all that much room on the side or in back due to Purist Audio cabeling......but it could be worked out. I have heard that the REL G2's would go well and yes I know they are both owned by Sumiko.....your thoughts
garebear
So what did we end up going Rel or JL,are you happy?How do you intergrate a JL in to two way system comared to the Rel as you connect to your speaker terminals!
Hello K-Rose - nothing as of this date. I am still uncertain about adding a sub to my current system. I hear ( no pun ) just as many good things about adding as sub as not so good comments about adding a sub. So, here I sit.....
I think you would really enjoy the JLs.
Having said that, I think you would also enjoy spending less on a sub and getting one of these for the integration duties.
http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml
Hello Westborn - nice piece of equipment ......So, is adding sub to a dedicated 2 channel system worth it ?????
I would give just a short version of it. I recently added two JL Audio F-112 subs to my system, and I can confidently say, that the benefits are enormous (provided they are set up properly). Steve Shliesman of Synergy Audio&Video spent about 10 hrs setting up mines.
You gain in a few areas simultaneously- imaging, LF sound pressure, more even in-room bass response, bass articulation, etc.
Now I honestly think, that separate subs are a MUST in any 2 Ch system.