Musical Fidelity kw DM 25 Transport and DAC

Hi, does anybody have any experience with the Musical Fidelity kw DM 25 Transport and DAC?

Ken
kjgp
Still no response as to examples of how MF products are poorly engineered. I guess "wiped the floor, big time" is indicative of the reliability of that opinion.
Tlday - I would rather keep my inside information for myself. I have already been attacked on this forum for disclosing Shunyata secrets (or more precise: things that Shunyata didn't want to see the lights of day) that ended with the whole thread deletion.

BTW - do you happen to post in other threads that are not dedicated to MF gear as well ? I have looked through your "answers" and in 24 out of 27 posts in the Amp/Preamp section you HAPPEN mention MF gear.

Coincidence ? I do not think so.
I just installed my KW DM25 about a week ago and so far very pleased with it. It was a warranty replacement (plus $900 and S&H) for my Tri Vista Sacd player that became unusable due to Phillps no longer supplying replacement transports. I really havn't tweaked it out yet with cables and so forth, but can tell you that with just 15 hours of burn-in it does sound better than the Tri-Vista. I know I will get spoiled with it's terrific sound after I get tuned the way I want.
before I bought mine, I had Accuphase Dp-67 and M.F. X series full stack. Kw Dm25 outperformed all. It is even better than Kw Sacd player.(redbook mode)
mert
I avtually owned the MF KW DM25 Transport and DAC. It sells around 6000 euro in Europe. It played fine on low volumes but when playing louder it was realy nervous sounding.

I think this is one of the lousiest CD players in this price range. They price it like a highend CD player but it is average at best. My old Meridian 508-24 played much better.

I compared it next to a Wadia 581, Krell KPS28C and a Audio Research CD7. They all completely wiped the floor with the MF combo. The difference was not subtle, it was HUGE.

I suggest you either buy a cheaper CD player or save a little bit more to buy a real highend cd player.

Peter