Heard the Abbingdon Music research CD player?

I am looking for anyone who might have heard this player at CES or at the London show. Is it a giant killer with its matching amp? Bob
128x128baranyi
I'm affraid we are not talking on topic here. The question was: did anyone hear the CD-player and what is his/her opinion regarding this unit? As a matter of fact I'm curious too about the sound of the unit. Is it analog-like similar to Audio Note or 47-Labs DACs or is it dynamic, transparent and spacious sounding like Accuphase?

Chris
Dazzdax, you are correct. But apparently Jaybo had something to prove.

Dazz, I don't think the AMR system was like any of the ones you mentioned. My initial post way above mentioned how this system (it was all AMR but with Virtual Dynamics cabling) and it soared like no other we listened to. See above for a few more details.

-IMO
I don't usually get involved in answering threads but I feel compelled to jump into this one after reading some of the comments because I have been fortunate enough in having the AMR CD-77 on loan for almost 2 weeks at my home.

I currently own an EMM Labs CDSD transport and DCC2 Dac (original version). In addition, the dealer that lent me the AMR allowed me to take a Reimyo CDP-777 and a highly moded esoteric UX-3 for comparison purposes. I was able to compare all these very high-end pieces in my own environment with my own reference music. Better yet, I deliberately did not ask for the prices of the loaners, as I did not want my pocket to interfere with my ears or the musical experience.

Bottom line: As it always is the case, all of these different fine pieces of equipment had their own merits but going to the point of the original question, I would simply comment that the highest contenders were the EMM and the Reimyo CDP-777.

The EMM, with all its wonderful qualities of resolution and huge stage but to my ears, lacking in musical involvement. The Reimyo, with a very appealing "analog" flavor but with a much narrower and shallower stage, as well as less resolved.

You guessed right if you read that I left the AMR for last as in my estimation, it came out to be my pick as I felt and heard that it incorporated the best of the other two machines while bringing a resolute detail and an authentic musical experience. In my opinion, a musical source rather than a digital player.

The fact that the built quality, the very high quality parts and the appearance were superior. The price point (about half or less of the other two) was incredible. I learned about the price when I placed the order that I eagerly await for.

Whether the machine is designed in one place, the parts come from others and the assembly elsewhere, who cares! I bet you dollars to donuts that the finest orchestras in the world will have fine musicians playing well-made instruments that will both come from various parts of the world.

It is at the end about the music.

As a point of reference, my room is 13 x 19 x 8. My current source is the EMM combo. My amplification ASR Emitter II, Speakers are Kharma 3.2 and the Kharma woofer and cabling is Kubala Emotion and Electraglide.

If you wish to expand further details, do not hesitate to email me directly.
I have the weight of the player wrong,the player doesn't weigh 93lbs but comes in at a paltry 63lbs.Also the player has been put up against some pretty tough competition (Emm labs,essoteric,reimyo,) and has bested them all.The best part about the player is that it is affordable at 8500.00 retail and is actually a bargain in the price to performance level.Apparently the first shipment is due in sometime next 2weeks according to the distributor.I am waiting for the 6-moons review to get a feel for what the player can do!Hope this helps Dennis