Ohm Acoustics Walsh F-5015 speakers

Hi everyone

I too received the msg stating that Ohm Acoustics in Brooklyn is having a Columbus Day sale. In the message there was a mention of the new Ohm F-5015 speakers. Upon reviewing the site there was no mention of the F-5015 speakers. I then saw in the forum a couple of members inquiring about these speakers in the main Ohm Walsh thread. I figured for these new speakers they deserved a thread of their own.

Well what do you think these F-5015 speakers are? My guess is that these are the latest generation of new drivers/speakers to replace the original large Ohm Walsh F drivers. I'm thinking these speakers will be enormous and sound awesome.

Any thoughts/comments are more than welcome? If you get in touch with John Strohbeen about the F-5015 speakers feel free to post your findings.

Thanks
128x128jedinite24
I'll start testing Sunday. One of the question I have is this: the new 15" woofer can go very low, we already know that, but it is not only a question of going low it is a question of also doing it right; since the 15" has a 500 w/c amp, I'm wondering if this amp will produce a bass of a quality equal or superior than that on the old Fs 12" with my mark Levinson 436.

Also, the sound dispersion of the old Fs is unique and addictive, I wonder if the new Fs will offer a similar stage or if it will be a more central stage.

I'll have some suggestions a to the answers to these questions by the end of next week.
Spacer,

Given original Fs are full omni and full range and new OHMs generally produce lower levels in wall facing directions, and use a more directional tweeter above 7khz or so, I am guessing that each may sound best with somewhat different placement in the room relative to walls and listening location(s).
Mapman,

You are probably right. I know where to place the new ones in my new room, but have not yet tried the old ones. The will probably have to be spotted differently than the new Fs.
Hi,

Your amp goes to the 5000 cone, which takes care of frequencies above 80 hertzs, and the built in 500 w amp takes charge of frequencies from 16 to 80 hertzs.