Ohm Acoustics Walsh F-5015 speakers

Hi everyone

I too received the msg stating that Ohm Acoustics in Brooklyn is having a Columbus Day sale. In the message there was a mention of the new Ohm F-5015 speakers. Upon reviewing the site there was no mention of the F-5015 speakers. I then saw in the forum a couple of members inquiring about these speakers in the main Ohm Walsh thread. I figured for these new speakers they deserved a thread of their own.

Well what do you think these F-5015 speakers are? My guess is that these are the latest generation of new drivers/speakers to replace the original large Ohm Walsh F drivers. I'm thinking these speakers will be enormous and sound awesome.

Any thoughts/comments are more than welcome? If you get in touch with John Strohbeen about the F-5015 speakers feel free to post your findings.

Thanks
128x128jedinite24
Spacer, btw, if you set up a virtual site so we can see the pics, you can always delete it later at any time if desired. Or keep it and build it out over time if desired.

LOoking forward to seeing those f5015s in all their glory......
Mapman

I have no clue on how to built a temporary site. So what I suggest is I email you the photos and you create the site. Let me know what you think
Spacer, problem with email is Audiogon no longer provides a way for members to correspond directly without a user posting their email address in public, which I prefer not to do.

There is no special functionality on agon for a temporary virtual system. You could create a virtual system here on agon, and post the pictures there. You can then delete it at any time as desired.

OR if you are comfortable posting your email address to this thread, I will then respond, but its totally up to you if you want to do that.

Whatever works best, or not. I'd like to see the pics but do not feel obligated to post if too much trouble. I'll survive! :-)
Hi Mapman

I've built a system under the forum "done for now" I titled
"Ohm F-5015 photos"

Hope you can find it. All photos are there.
I think pictures would be great for the legions of Ohm fans, especially Ohm F adherents. But the main question remains is how does the Ohm F 5015 sound? I'm especially curious as an Ohm F owner. How is its "presentation" compared to the classic F? Is it more like the Walsh 5 class with a more powerful low end? Or does it up the ante throughout the frequency range for resolution (especially) as well as for dynamic range?

Beyond all that is the Ohm F 5015 merely a prototype? It has been since Columbus Day since it was "announced". Yet, as far as I know, there have been neither hide nor hair of its existence since that time. Certainly there has been nothing tangible. *Nothing* on the website. That is awfully strange.

Robert C. Lang