Ohm Acoustics Walsh F-5015 speakers

Hi everyone

I too received the msg stating that Ohm Acoustics in Brooklyn is having a Columbus Day sale. In the message there was a mention of the new Ohm F-5015 speakers. Upon reviewing the site there was no mention of the F-5015 speakers. I then saw in the forum a couple of members inquiring about these speakers in the main Ohm Walsh thread. I figured for these new speakers they deserved a thread of their own.

Well what do you think these F-5015 speakers are? My guess is that these are the latest generation of new drivers/speakers to replace the original large Ohm Walsh F drivers. I'm thinking these speakers will be enormous and sound awesome.

Any thoughts/comments are more than welcome? If you get in touch with John Strohbeen about the F-5015 speakers feel free to post your findings.

Thanks
128x128jedinite24
"How is its "presentation" compared to the classic F? Is it more like the Walsh 5 class with a more powerful low end? Or does it up the ante throughout the frequency range for resolution (especially) as well as for dynamic range?"

Rx, my understanding is that current X000 series in general does that relative to the originals of which Walsh 5 (series 1) was the largest. Having owned original Walsh 2s for years prior to obtaining my two newer pair based on last generation series 3 drivers, I can vouch that this was accomplished with series 3. Newer series 4/X000 series is advertised to take things somewhat further, "evolutionary but not revolutionary".

F5015 then appears to be mostly about adding the powered subs onboard to base level 5000 driver in refurbed OHM F cabinets. That obviously has mostly to do with bass levels, especially in larger rooms.
Hi rclang

The ohm f-5015 has the most powerful low end I've heard, but it not only powerful it is also extremely faithful to the sounds recorded. Weather it is the double bass in Beethoven 5th by Karajan in 1962 or the more recent extreme bass of kangding ray album, or a duke Ellington big band recording, the bass is always perfectly fitted with the rest, and the rest is so dynamic compared to the old f that IMO ohm has really made a giant leap in sound reproduction, miles ahead of any other brand of speakers.

Moreover, I know I can locate it better in my room and regime the adjustments the 5000 offers, as you can see on the picture.

I have a pair of ohm, but I do not listen to it anymore since I got these marvelous new musical boxes.
Those 5015's sure are impressive. I wonder how they compare to other big speakers as far as sound pressure levels go? Thanks for sharing pics
Hi blueranger,

One of my mono block just let me down this week, but when I get it back I will try them with another pair of speakers equipped with a Scanspeak 10" woofer and let you know how it feels pressure wise. I can already tell you though that they will not withstand the comparison.