Speaker cable frustration for Merlin vsm mme

New owner of Merlin vsm mme, I am now using Straightwire Symphony speaker cables I bought with my other speakers.
I'm not sure what to believe about speaker cables except that I think a good gage copper cable should do the trick. I just dont see spending a fortune on cables like Cardas presence which are recommended for this speaker but cost alot more than I was willing to dish out (a few Thousand)
So my question is, I see cables like Morrow audio sp4 speaker cables that cost about $400.00 I can live with that for example. Anyone find a good solution to this?
Thank you
tesseract86
I use Anti-Cables, $80 for an 8 foot pair. I have Merlin VSM-MXe's paired with a Joule Electra VZN-80 amplifier. I compared the Anti-Cables extensively with JPS SC3, Audience AU24, and Virtual Dynamics Revelation. While each of these cables seem a tad more transparent, the Anti-Cables are more natural sounding in my system, in my room, to my ears. One thing in particular is that the bass snaps into place better than the other cables that I tried. There is a better sense of fullness, richness, and detail to the bass. The other major difference that I noticed with the other cables is that while cymbals are all there with the Anti-Cables, it is not as prominent or forward as it is with the other cables. I like this because it does not sound like cymbals are coming out of the tweeters. Instead they are coming from around or behind the tweeters. This is my personal choice and others may like the sound of other cables better for their system, for their room, and for their personal tastes.

The Anti-Cables are certainly priced right. That said, the speaker cables that I am curious about include the Cardas Clear and Golden Reference cables, and the "e" version of the Audience AU24. I might have to try the Morrow cables too.
Thaluza
the "symbals effect" and detail in the bass sounds great.
Bobby recommended the supra classic 6 I also have Morrow audio in mind.
thank you for the info.
Are your speakers broken in? If not, you're compensating for a sonic trait that could change later, leaving you in the same position.
hi guys,
Well so many liked the Morrow cables that I just ordered the SP5 for my speakers and MA3 interconnects for analog music, will see how that sounds for now, Bobby the light ice blue color of the Supra classics just does'nt work with my decor.
I'm so excited to hear them!
Thank you all for your help