so many speakers

With so many speakers on the market are there specific speakers that work better with specific music?
wmbode
In other words, my Polks could end up in the same group as the Wilson Maxx. :)

So, of ALL the speakers on the market, we could end up with just a few different groups. Some people think, believe it or not, that speakers are the ONLY component that exhibit differences. :)

Wrong! And on so many levels......

Shakey
"Wrong! And on so many levels"

See! We can't even get agreement on the fact that my Polks are the equal of the Wilson Maxx. If we can't get agreement on something this obvious, what chance is there of coming to agreement on more contentious questions! This gentleman made my point.
Cheers
I will be the first too admit I am not as well versed in the audio world as 99% of the posters out here, but, do manufacturers have their own musical agenda when it comes to building speakers to their own musical taste. Just a thaught.
Another myth shattered on Audiogon....

Wolf's purportedly unharshable mellow is harshable, after all :-(
Speakers are like women. Except cheaper. All shapes and sizes. Some beautiful. Some not so. Guys have their favorites. Some make better mates with the rest of the gear than others. How to choose? A divorce from a particular is relatively cheap and simple. Hallelujah!