Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
I'd suggest you get the speakers in your room and start listening and experimenting. Then you'll see if they need a sub or not.
2cj- As I posted earlier, I have a lovely pair of SC 3's. Early on I had to have the tweeters replaced with a pair that were supposedly matched, but obviously independent of the speakers in my living room (a voice coil was sticky....made a sort of buzzing sound, like a dusty pot. You could fix it by gently pushing in on the dome, and it would go away.) I replaced the tweeters myself and they sounded just fine! (At the time, Dunlavy provided them for free).

Regarding the needs of a sub; my SC 3's are rated only at around 43k at the low end. Occasionally I turn my sub on when I'm in the mood for some meat and slam. But I have to say that 95% of the time, I don't use it. And I can imagine that with the SC4's, you'd be better served without a sub, and could possibly over do it, depending on the type of sub you get. For me, trying to integrate a sub into the mix is tricky, because certain low frequency instruments can have many different footprints depending on the instrument itself, how it's miked and how it's mixed. So, I'm constantly futzing with the adjustable cross-over roll off dial. Without a sub, I let the speaker's crossover do all of the work. Then I have two hands free; one for the volume on my remote, and the other for my martini.

Give it a whirl "au naturel" for a while and see how her bottom feels (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Good luck. Keep us all posted!
Judsauce I'm on the same page hate having to constantly adjust the cross over on the sub. That was my gripe with the 2ci speakers
Got the SCIV's today. Haven't listen to them for very long, But my first impression is that they are very detailed and very accurate. I see the argument about the low end it's not that they are lacking in my opinion i think that the overall concept of the speaker is to convey an detailed and accurate presentation and they do a pretty good job of that. Will post more after i let them play for a while.