More than one CD player

I'd like to ask the forum how many of you out there use more than one CD player in your system (same amp or receiver) and alternate regularly and why? What do you get from doing that? I find alternating is refreshing and keeps the listening interesting. You get a different perspective on the same music from more than one CDP. So how many of you do this?
pdn
I alternate between CD's and LP's and 45's. Only one cd player, that's enough for me.

Cheers,
John
Pdn,

I use two in my home office system; an Eastern Electric Minimax (w/ Telefunken NOS) and a Raysonic. Though the Raysonic is, IMO, a much better all around machine, the Minimax with the Telefukun tubes is a detail monster.

To my ears, the Raysonic has a much more physically wider presentation of music and seems more balanced tonally vis a vis the Minimax. Thus, for most 2-channel music I stick the Raysonic. However for certain particular CDs where solo music, accoustic guitar, is emphasised etc., the Minimax is called up for duty.

In line with the above, due to the narrower soundstaging, the Minimax gets nearly all the word for listening via cans as, by definition, the soundstage is naturally limited.

Cheers,
My standard cdp is a Resolution Audio CD-50 with a Linn Genki as an alternate. Just as you stated in your question I like a different perspective once in a while. For a while I was picking up a used player every couple of months and have been able to try quite a few "flavor of the month" players. It was very educational. Some of these players were less than enjoyable.
As for the Linn, I was the only bidder in a Agon auction but don't want to part with this little gem.
I use two CDP one tube and one solid state, as you stated it keeps the listening interesting.