Reference 3A line updated

For those of you who follow Reference 3A, it seems that their entire line has been updated with:
A new, high tech, sound-absorbing finish called "Nextel."
A new, beryllium dome tweeter on all models, including the entry-level Dulcet.
Two new models, one called the Nefes, and a huge, 7-driver model called the Sena.
Hoping somebody out there going to Vega for THE Show next week can check out their room and report back.
The Ref 3A web site has had a nice redesign, too.
rebbi
Glad you feel the same way Rebbi. Yesterday I was listening to Yehudi Menuin and Ravi Shankar on an album calles East Meets West. Shankar's sitar reverberated through the room and Menuin's violin sounded like it was right next to my right ear. Absolutely marvelous. Can't wait to hear how your upgrade goes. May follow your lead if it goes well and easily done.
Here's a report by Scott Hull of parttimeaudiophile.com on the Ref 3A room at THE Show in Las Vegas.

Apparently, the BE tweeter was added to the line because the Murata super tweeter from the Grand Veena and Episode is no longer made. Interesting read.
That doesn't really seem to be very positive. I am pretty sure I read in another show report (TAVES maybe?) that the "B" version of the GV still had the Murata. Maybe that was a mistake. I'm glad I got in before the change.

Shakey
Yeah, Scott was kind of wishy-washy on the sound in the Ref 3A room, and I have to agree that the cosmetics of the Nextel finish aren't as nice as the veneers. Still, I'd like to hear the new line for myself.
Wow, this looks exiting. I have a pair of GV's powered with either the AQ1006's or Hurricanes'. They are awesome in every respect. With an asking price of around 5 - 4.5K used, they are the deal of some proportion! The new lineup looks fantastic. If they out perform the GV's... it will be beyond words, maybe I could paint a picture to relay my thoughts;)

I just bought a pair of PMC FB1i's for a smaller second system for some reason, I have always wanted a pair of PMC's; it may have been a mistake. In a word they are quite good for what they are, though expensive. Compared to the GV's they lack badly. Should have picked up the Episode!