What's better than the Jolida JD100

I heard the Jolida JD100 completely stock and like many others, was very impressed. Associated gear was Classe amp/pre and Magnepan 1.5's.
So the question is....what's as good or better than the Jolida for about a grand or even 1200-1300 bucks? Not looking for USED gear, folks!

Thanks!

Robert
robbob
Mr Tennis would you classify a ARC LS-7 preamp as euphonic? Just trying to understand your taste better? Have you owned any Audio Refinement CD players?

I would as I had one on loan. I could not stand it because it was too tubey for me. I have a VK5i and love it.
I owned the JD 100 for long enough to know it does not sound all that great until you fit the almost non-existent Sylvania 5751 black gates into them. That change really lifts the CD player up into a higher playing field.

That said, unless Jolida has improved their JD 100 clocking, it must still sound like it's not on sound footing.

Right now, I am using a transport and an Audio Note DAC. This combo is only one of the superior sounding sources out there.
A friend just bought the Jolida and for the price I like it quite a lot. Replaced the stock tubes with a pair of RCA triple mica 12AX7s and the change from stock was downright remarkable; entirely different machine. That and a better power cord and it really is quite nice. In some ways, I like it more than my MF A5, thought they are quite different in their presentations. The presentation from the Jolida is one I happen to like, weighty and warm.

The last word in detail and soundstage? No, but the new (old) tubes helped a lot.
i will pay close attention to a jolida cd player, the next time i hear it. all i can say is my audionote player is more subtractive in the treble than the jolida, regardless of line cord and tube.
The tubes made a huge difference in mine. I tried RCA triple mica black plates and the GE black plates. The GE's were the better ones IMO. Really helped this player to the next level. I ended up wanting more detail so I sold it. Still a nice player.