What's better than the Jolida JD100

I heard the Jolida JD100 completely stock and like many others, was very impressed. Associated gear was Classe amp/pre and Magnepan 1.5's.
So the question is....what's as good or better than the Jolida for about a grand or even 1200-1300 bucks? Not looking for USED gear, folks!

Thanks!

Robert
robbob
i will pay close attention to a jolida cd player, the next time i hear it. all i can say is my audionote player is more subtractive in the treble than the jolida, regardless of line cord and tube.
The tubes made a huge difference in mine. I tried RCA triple mica black plates and the GE black plates. The GE's were the better ones IMO. Really helped this player to the next level. I ended up wanting more detail so I sold it. Still a nice player.
It's hard to take a stock JD100 and ask what's better...toss in a pair of Siemens (& Halske) 12ax7's, Amperex (Heerlen)12ax7's or Raytheon 3xm 5751's and give it a good listen. Tubes make a BIG difference in this player. If the NOS tubed JD100 doesn't trip your trigger...then ask what's better. Passing on a JD100 stock unit for some other mfg's stock unit is missing the JD's (easily obtained) potential.
there are many cd players out there which may be preferred over the jolida. it's a matter of opinion, as sound is subjective. we all have our favorites. right now, the joilida is not one of them.

perhaps, if i heard it again, my attitude would be different. at this point, it is just another cd player with two tubes.
mrtennis,

Is there an echo in here?...seems like you've said that..more than once...I think we got it...