Has Anyone heard The Wadia 581i se CD player?

Any input and comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
128x128tomer_tsin
I thought it doesn't hurt to compare one player to another.A little input from a person who has heard many players also says a lot about 581 se.Someone who heard many Wadias can say "581se is better in this or that area, etc."That's why i put it in this topic.I didn't mean to change your topic in any way.I think these two topics have some points where they can connect.

And my thread was opened few days ago.There were some comments on 581 se.This is the title
"CDP with volume and digital input...Which one?"
Talon4, I am very curious to know what specific changes did GNSC do to your new 581se?
Hello Jppenn, There are over a dozen modifications done during a Statement upgrade, which includes damping the interior of the box, installing blackgate caps and installing a new board. I used to have a file of the breakdown from Great Northern Sound in a computer file, but I can't find it on my computer. All you have to do is contact Steve @ Great Northern Sound and request the modification file for upgrading a Wadia 581se. There are three mods: Standard, Reference and Statement. Good luck! Steve does very good work. Stan
Hi I actually own the Wadia 581Se and it is a wonderful player. The bass is very controlled and the stereo image is very wide. I had all the Wadia players since the 850 and must say that this one is two steps above all the other ones.

The new Wadia has better stereo image than the older ones and is also very lively and musical. You do not need to upgrade your player to get worldclass sound.

However never listen to a player that is not fully played in. It takes about 1000 (YES) hours to be played in. I put my one on repeat for 6 weeks day and night before even do a good listening. Before that it did not sound good.

Peter