Help with a system for a guy into electronic music

Hey guys, I've been reading some different threads on here, and it's been really helpful, but I just wanted to get a little advice. I'm a big electronic music guy, love trance, progressive house, progressive breaks, cinematic breaks, some dub. I've been doing some research, testing things out and I've come up with this package:

1. Dynaudio Focus 160
2. Simaudio Moon 340i w/DAC, XLR & Phono
3. 2 x JL Audio f113's.

The system will be going in my living room, up against a drywall. The ceilings are 10ft, and concrete. The dimensions of the room are 18x21. Unfortunatley the living room is on the corner of the building, which means two of the walls are all windows (8ft windows)--trying to find thick curtains to help with this.

Do you think this package will work will? Would you recommend I try something different?
coloneltushfinger
Not sure I'd spend over twice as much on subs as on the main speakers. Given that total price you could get something like a PMC OB1i and a pair of SVS SB13 Ultras. I'd think the SVS subs would be more than enough to handle the bass you'll be throwing at them, and the PMCs will likely offer better dynamics from the upper bass on up than the Dynaudio monitors that could serve this music well. For this kind of music as another alternative you could also consider taking a look at ATC speakers. If at all possible it would be worth a trip to go hear PMC and/or ATC speakers with your music. Hope this helps, and best of luck in your search.
I love EDM and used to dj house music a few years back. I think Zus really work well for this genre- and Sean Casey loves EDM as well. Deepsky, the producer, even masters with them.

I was listening to Tycho/Thievery Corp this morning as a matter of fact.
Coloneltushfinger, I have a room half the size of yours and the Dynaudio Focus 160 didn't work for electronic music as the bass was a bit slow, too big and swollen with any amp I tried. I have heard the speakers in bigger rooms and they were amazing, even with tube amps! I've tried most genres, electronic music aswell and that requires a lot of power from the amp! If you can, make sure to try the combo in your room. I have never had any thoughts about using a sub to these speakers, no way, they play very deep by themselves! Unless you are a big deep bass fan of course.
For electronic music, I would also try another danish speaker brand: System Audio. The sound is just a rich and full as Dynaudio but much "quicker" in the bass. The new System Audio Mantra 50 floorstander is probably a very good choice. I have heard the Mantra 60 and compared it side by side with Dynaudio Focus 160, in two different rooms, and it is actually better in every aspect as long as you don't have a very small room. Both speakers are great though!
I'm a big fan of electronic music from way back. I bought Tangerine Dream's Pheadra LP within a week of when it came out.

I've followed the ambient music scene ever since. Infinity Project , Global Communications, Transient Waves, Massive Attack, Juno Reactor, etc. I guess I like the dreamy stuff, but with lots of bass impact in the recording. Many of them I find to be demonstration quality and I often play them (all are on LP BTW) at shows.

I use tube amps and easy to drive speakers. I find it much easier to get the system to play bass and I can reach higher volumes without pain. At home I have Classic Audio Loudspeakers (model t-3.2) but I am a big fan of the Audiokinesis speakers, which pack a huge bang for the buck. Speakers like these allow me to get by with a 60 watt/channel amp without fear of clipping, they can shake the building and have tons of resoltion. The tube amps I use have direct-coupled outputs so they have full power to 2Hz. They can play bass like nothing else.

Did you know they can put a 10Hz signal on an LP? One reason I play analog because the bass is better :)