CD players for soundstage depth

Recommendations please!

What CD players give the best soundstage depth, and layering?

I listen mainly to classical, a lot of orchestral, and I like to hear that the brass and woodwind are sitting towards the back of the stage, *behind* the strings, not floating in air above them.

Thanks.
128x128twoleftears
I really think that other factors like speaker placement, room dimensions, room acoustics, then your amp/preamp and cables will all have a much larger determining factor on soundstage depth, than what CD player you are using.

Or is this the final tweek after you have done all of the above? Many years ago when I was sampling various interconnect cables all with the same CD player; the main instruments playing went from pretty forward to fairly deep, just from a cable change. So I am not sure how to recommend a CD player.

I want a CD player that sounds great and is true to the source material. The rest can be adjusted elsewhere in the system and listening room.
Speaker placement is a good place to start for improving soundstage depth, as Sugarbrie stated above.

Also, reducing the system noise floor using some power conditioning and/or good power cords goes a long way to improving resolution, thereby making the image sound larger and deeper.