I got around $2000 to play with....

Wife has allowed me to spend around $2000 on speakers, CDP, and amp for our new house.

Details:

Medium sized room, mostly jazz, classical, and some old soul (I like the warm rich sound of my stax and atlantic cds).
I want to stick with solid-state for now. Will consider used for amp and CDP, but would like to get speakers new.

Here is what I am thinking from other research

Music Hall 25.2 amp and cdp ($550 each)
Monitor Audio RS6s ($1100)

What else would y'all recommend I look at?

Thanks!
martyw
May I remind you that the McCormack Line Drive would add just one small box and just one set of preferably short interconnects, heck it doesn't even have a power cord. The rather small increase in complexity would most probably be offset by a rather large increase in performance. Considering the incredible number of Vandy 2's sold, you could probably find a used pair locally, so there might be little need for concern regarding shipping. Good luck.
I'd second Hoopster's recommendation of a used Denon 2910 and the Onkyo A-9555 integrated. I own both and together they'd be extremely good for the money, leaving more of your budget for the speakers where a few more dollars will give you a wider choice and potentially greater impact on the overall sound.

The Onkyo A-9555 is $500 new at Amazon or $400 refurbished at accessories4less.
Thanks all for the tips. Why the Onkyo over the MH? Are the components better? What type of difference would I hear in the sound?
One other question - assuming I go with the Onkyo 9555 amp, how do you all feel about pairing that with the Music Hall cd 25.2 or should I match it with the Onkyo cd player 7555?
Ideally you would audition the Onkyo amp vs the MF in your home (as with others you may be considering). You may be able to purchase one or both here used on Audiogon and play with them awhile and sell the one you least prefer at little to no loss. That's the beauty of Audiogon. These particular two amps have very different build designs and are likely to sound different. Not that one is "right" but one will probably sound better to you. MF is known for well made gear. Another consideration is the Onkyo has a built in phono stage which you may enjoy later should you choose to get into vinyl.

I own both the MH CD 25.2 and the Denon 2910. The 2910 is now used DVD only and the MH is in a second system. The 2910 was in the second system but my BR DVD crapped out so it was employed with the TV. I bought the MH CD 25.2 as a replacement. For the money used, just considering redbook, I prefer the 2910. Also, the 2910 will also play SACD and DVDA. I have not heard the Onkyo CD player, but it was designed to match the amp so it may be a consideration should you go with the Onkyo amp. Also, you would probably only have to deal with one remote. However, I have my doubts as to to the Onkyo player being significantly better on redbook than a 2910 just based on it's price point new.