Hales transcendence 8 tweeters

I just bought a pair of Hales transcendence 8 but missing both tweeters,I am aware that the original tweeters are not available and i need a recommendation want to replaced them with? Maybe someone can give me advice.Thanks
ejvic
Ejvic,
I hope that you did indeed buy the F version (not A version) of the tweeter that I recommended.... I've been researching the Hales info extensively. I have a photo of the crossover and I'm sorry to say now, but I have found a replacement diaphragm for the tweeter....
Here is the diaphragm: http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-voice-coils/scanspeak-voice-coil-d3004/
The good news is that the Dayton RS-28F-4 is still a reasonable replacement, it should cross well and it will be down about 1.5 DB from the original tweeter, You may love it you may want to change a resistor... to correct. Or, Scan Speak now owns Vifa, this is supposed to be the correct diaphragm...
Don't say "now you tell me" took a lot of time to find this info. Tim

The
That's good you found some diaphragm but I don't have the original tweeter when I got them...I just got the Dayton and I will install them this weekend.thanks
And yes I have the f series and if it is lower in db it should work fine for me..the other vifa are fine but a little louder so it get brighter..I will also try a tube preamp with krell ksa-150
No, the Dayton F model is not lower in sensitivity than the Vifa that you have in there now, it is actually about the same, but the impedance is a much closer match to the original D26 series "Hales" vifa, so it will cross properly and hopefully get rid of the peak that you are dealing with.
If not the photo's that I have of the Hales crossover show it being fairly simple, I would just need to know how you would want it to change and need a shot of both sides of the board. as long as you can do the work, you will end up with a great blend.
I just installed the Dayton tweets last night and let it burn in all night low volume fm radio ,so far I really like it compared to the vifa Dayton is more relax and blending so much better I will listened to them more later after all my errands.Thanks