Wilson Alexia 20x15 Room

Hi,

I have vandersteen 5A and thinking of changing speaker to Alexia for bigger sound. Will there be any problem with my small 20x15 room. My other gear is all Audio Research

ARC Ref 250
ARC Ref 5 SE
ARC Ref DAC
ARC Ref 2 SE .
veerapaneni
In 1999 I bought a new set of B&W 802 Nautilus. They were not so high. I wanted the stage higher and moe free from the spaker. So I made a granite plate of 42 kg in the shape of the Nautilus. Even with the logo on the front side. And I used dempers. The difference was big and the improvelent the same. The stage became higher just as I wanted. The music was more free from the loudspeaker. I remember that I had contact with B&W that time. And I adviced them to higher the next version. I don't say they did it cause of my emails send to them. But the 802S in 2005 was a lot higher. This is also what you can do with your speaker.
Knghifi,

"Don't trust your ears? All you Vandersteen owners GOT that?"

I was actually thinking of a meaningful response to your post because you clearly didn't understand mine. Not to mention that the OP is trying to make a difficult decision. But the only thing I can think of that makes any sense is, you're an idiot. Sorry, but nothing else fits.

To anyone else, if I wasn't clear on something, just ask and I'll explain. Most of us post to help each other, not to see who can split the smallest hair for no purpose at all.
I do have 10ft Ceiling and definitely my 5As don't sound big. They do sound very sweet but definitely not big. all my components are acquired based on my speakers and now I want to change my speakers . I don't want to change anything else at this point except speakers . I have already spent too much money and don't want to start over :)
Clear, but I still advice you to test the speakers with your own equipment. Even if you cannot try it at home.

I met too many people who spend a lot of money on audio who were not happy. You need to test something. What I said; just don't take any risk!
Veerapaneni
You have spent a lot of money exactly..
Does it also make sense to choke the system with the following choice web jockey type cables in your system?
YOUR PRICE: $399.00/ Pair
Easy Pay: 3 payments of $133.00
SAVINGS COUPON available
85 k system with a pr of 399 speaker cables WTF ?
As I told you before if you put a double shotgun Bi wire of AQ Meteor w/ DBS you will have not only have height but hear how good the ARC/Vandersteen combo is.
Best JohnnyR