the best CD player between 6'000 - 10'000 $ ?

I need to replace my old Denon DCD 2700
I hear mainly classical music (don't need a huge bass ;-) )
I am looking for precision, precise stageimaging, high definition & warmth ... ;-)

thanks
clavil
I've checked out the Cary 306 SACD Pro and Esoteric X-03se. Both are exceptional in terms of staging, detail and warmth. I ended up getting the Esoteric and love it. Rest of my system is ARC VT100Mk3, LS16Mk2 and AP Virgo3. Interestingly, I've heard a lot of comments about the Virgos being bright and sterile and some about the X-03se being bright. I find the opposite. But it just reinforces how important it is to match your components.
But it just reinforces how important it is to match your components.

so making it (too?) simple, the first step of a searching process could be:

with a solid state preamp-amp- speaker analitical / bright combination, look for tube CD or "warm" players (AMR 77, Jadis, AR ref 7 ...)

with a tube preamp-amp-speaker combination, look for something with high resolution and analitical

wrong?
I've heard this top Marantz SA7-S1 with the top ref pre and mono's from Marantz. I'm still in awe of the dynamics when I think back a few months. I also heard Musical Fidelitie's top SACD player swapped in and out fully broke in while the Marantz was'nt broke in.

The Marantz sounded better in all areas and only wish I could have heard this player a couple months down the road fully broke in. Anyway, It was indeed a very special cd spinner and when you factor in the fit & finish with price. I could'nt help but be very impressed.

The Marantz Reference Cd Players have acheived something very special at this juncture.
I have shortly heard the Marantz 11s1, not on my system

imo a "politically correct" player ...

not fast, not slow
lacking precision and definition for my taste
but neither warm like some tube CD Players

musical? yes but like a musician whithout a strong personality

just my subjective impression

PS what about Lua appassionato Mk III ?
Lua Appasionato MkIII had a rave review in the German magazine "Stereo" (trustworthy imo) but I have never heard it. As far as general statements have any validity, then, I have found Lua gear to be euphonic (eú-phonos: I use the term without any aftertaste) yet detailed, painting broad stages, "breathing". I have the Lua Con Fuoco speakers and find them excellent both with tubes and ss amp. Then again, a few years ago (i.e. before Appasionato saw the light) I auditioned the Lua Cantilena SEL and found the Jadis JD3 better in every respect, more lifelike and emotional.

Clavil, since you ask specifically for European players, may I ask where you are located? Depending thereon, there might be a few further alternatives, such as the Pink Faun.

Mr. Tennis, sorry for not coming back yet, I have to dig in my memory some quiet moment.