My head hurts....

Looking to upgrade my digital and there are so many choices and possible alternatives that has my head spinning
Should I hold off and wait to see where digital is heading
I like my present universal player but alway's have an itch to see what else is out there

Opinions appreciated
musicfile
Musicfile,
Glad to hear your head feels better.
I realize folks are going to servers for convenience. I'm certain sonics will improve in the long run.
Besides the excellent sound of the analog wave (natural, dynamic, bloom) changing a record after one side, deciding where to take the next step, i.e. Jazz, Rock, Bluegrass, vocal, Soul, Country Swing, Classical, gets one to focus on the music, the passion, the sound. This very aspect of focused listening is what makes a listening session so much fun among my audiophile group here in Portland, OR. Us audiofoos realize we need to limit how many records each of us bring to a session, otherwise we'd be up for days and nights. We're a bunch of vinyl snobs.
Servers are great for background music, nothing wrong with that. One of the foos is setting up a server system in his home.
Thanks for taking my point as it was meant- friendly and just having some fun.
Hope you have beautiful music, all day and everyday, in your home!

Musicfile... the USB DAC is an UltraFi iRoc, the wireless computer a MacMini, the USB cable a Ridge Street Audio. I have two of these... one into a ss setup, the other into a tube setup... and both are just amazing. The RSA USB cable is just stunning once it is fully broken in (maybe 60+ hours) but not at all intolerable before. I've also found a stunning thing... each of the USB ports on the MacMini (four of them) sound a little different... one or two are much, much better than the others... go figure. Larry Moore of Ultra Fi tipped me to that nugget.

Hope this helps,

:) listening,

Ed

I'm very happy with my Playback Designs player (see my review thread),
but I was also really happy with my EMM 2-box setup before.
Now that the EMM 1-box CDSA is selling used in the $5K range, I would go with that. These players leave my older
Accuphase 75V and Meridian 508.24 in the dust.
I hope the Ridgestreet Sasons are doing well, too.