Replacing Veneer on ProAc Speakers

Movers seriously gouged the veneer on the top of one of my rosewood ProAc Response 1S speakers. I think it's too deep to refinish. Any recommendations for someone who does speaker restoration? It makes me ill to look at those wonderful speakers in that condition.
jclctr
Sounds more like $1,000 worth of work at least.
RW, I believe that no need to go medical or law school, because you can learn how to refinish speaker much faster and charge $250/hourly if not more. Consider that skill for your childrens' future.
i'd be curious to see a picture of the damage, if the op can post. depending on the depth of the gouge, veneer color, etc., it might be possible to get good results with stainable wood filler or conceivably refacing the top with psa veneer--there's some very good veneer products out there.
I'll see if I can summon the guts to pull them out of the box. It makes me ill to see such a wonderful product in that condition.
Some furniture repair persons are true artisans. I would not discount their ability to fix or mask the problem.

The moving company has the option to replace the item or fix the damage, whichever is more economical. Read your contract, it should be clearly spelt out.
I hesitated to post on this, because I have suffered damage to furniture and wall art from movers earlier on before I knew better, and I know how you must feel. The lesson I learned is that if you value the item, and it is fragile, move it to the new location in your own car. Movers have little respect for anything but saved time. Those speakers could easily have been put into your car. That said, I don't know what your moving situation was, so it may not apply.
Regarding the refinishing, I would check with a restorer. They can perform some miracles at times without refinishing the whole piece.