Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
Wow , You are a dealer huh ? It makes you a living , keeps you alive with food and shelter . Defend until the end ? I now see why you wanted to defend zd since he exclusively recommends Vandersteen . Are you an Ayre dealer as well . You seem like the prototype dealer . Every post you enter here should state you are a dealer so we can skip over your biased input .
I agree johnny when and only when they are set up to properly vandersteens sound great but off axis not so much. Kinda like the clues they need to be set up properly or they won't measure well either.
((Chrshanl37 I agree johnny when and only when they are set up to properly Vandersteens sound great but off axis not so much.))
What you can try to improve off axis response is if in a rectangle room, is much wider then normal spacing, try sitting within the triangle, speakers closer to the side walls with just a bit of toe in and nail the first reflection with diffusion as well as secondary reflection on the opposing wall.
Best JohnnyR
Vandersteen dealer
Topten - $4000 for speakers or for amp and speakers? I believe most $4000 speakers would need something better than the NAD you have.