Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
Maplegrovemusic

At this point, I don't know what else to say other than you're a complete waste of food.
Can we stop ankle biting and address the OP's questions? Seriously. I hate it when people hijack a thread for their own aural-ideological differences.
+1 Simao. It seems that for some it is just too easy to take offense to something posted. Almost as if they are looking for that opportunity.

Topen, I tend to agree with J135, in that with your budget of $4000 you are in a position to find an amp/speaker combination that better provides what you are seeking.
What you have would seem to be pretty good on paper in regards to bass for a room that size.

What aspects of bass are you looking to improve? Low end extension and/or quantity? Quality/detail articulation? Or maybe all of teh above?

Or another way to ask it is have you heard a system anywhere that has the sound you want? If so what was the setup that did it?

Its much easier to hit a target if one knows exactly what the target is. "decent/better" bass alone is not much to go on.

Thanks.
Mapman
That's the right question. I am looking for the speakers
with low end extension and at the same time to keep quality
of the Focal highs. Again, I really like the sound of the NAD, punchy bass and extended highs after I replaced the stock jumpers. Two days ago I received private E-mail from the
one of the fellow Audiogoner with the suggestion to try
Carbon 7 SE Speakers. Bass goes low to 38 Hz but he is not
sure how they would sound with the NAD C356.