Best redbook CD player

I wish to buy a CDP to play CD's, not DVD's or SACD's. My budget is under $2500 in the USED market. Any suggestions?
chashmal
Be the laser assembly has been replaced, as this is the only issue with these
players (it's a Denon issue, not an APL issue).
Tvad (Threads | Answers)

This should read, "Be certain the laser...".
Optarchie,

I do believe the least expensive Amr cd-77 ever on AudiogoN was about $5000. That would be about double the maximium budget of the Original Poster.

Chashmal,

I see that the Resolution Audio Opus 21 has already been mentioned a couple of times. I agree that it is a very good choice in the sub $2500 range. I've owned 2 in the past and I sometimes wish I had kept one of them.

A few great features of the Opus 21 are great reliability and outstanding service by Jeff at RA, upgradability from Great Northern Sound (another great company), excellent and stable resale value (they've been about $2200-$2600 used for the last 4 years). Buy one and enjoy it. If you don't love it, re-sell it for little/no loss......

Enjoy,

TIC
Thanks all. I current have a Meridian 507 24 bit CDP. Would anyone not conceed that the Resolution Audio Opus 21 would blow it away? I am thinking of using the Meridian for a second system, and maybe trying the RA in my main rig. I am 75-90% vinyl but still love certain CDs a lot, especially when the CD bests the LP (Glenn Gould on Sony for example).

I almost got the Lector CDP MK3. Anyone have any thoughts on that versus the RA? It is certainly more expensive. I have learned not to trust price tags in this regard!
There's a Modwright Sony 999ES with one-of-a-kind upgraded power supply
listed now for $1500 (it's a version of the power supply used in the flagship
$8995 Modwright 36.5 preamp).

Buy it and try it. I'm betting it'll blow you away. Save yourself $1000 in the
process.

If not, resell it for little or no loss.