Does good technology guarantees musicality?

Nowadays many audiophiles think that if you DIY a state-of-the-art DAC with the implementation of the right technology and with the use of the best parts money can buy, then you will automatically get a good (and musical) sounding DAC. I personally think that this way you can get a (technically) good sounding DAC, but it is still questionable if it would sound musical too. I mean technically perfect is not synonimous with musicality. Many people are able to build a technically flawless DAC, but only a few are able to build a musical sounding DAC. Do you agree with this?

Chris
dazzdax
When you take the best AKM DAC chips and put them in the hands of a skilled, experienced and innovative designer who knows how to properly implement them, it becomes something very special. That is the case with my modded Denon, and why I am smiling.
To Audioengr's point about AKM DACs...I have owned a silver disc player into
which were installed Crystal DACs and AKM DACs during various
"upgrades", I am perhaps the only one who will admit preferring the
Crystal DACs (others have mentioned their preference for Crystal DACs privately
but will not discuss it publicly). I preferred them over every iteration of AKM
DACs that were installed...including the latest 32 bit version.

IMO, AKM DACs sound more transparent and accurate than Crystal DACs, but
like Audioengr said, they lack the musicality of Crystal DACs.
Very interesting conclusion Tvad. I'm also a proponent of a state-of-the-art analog section. The analog section could be the most determining factor as far as sound quality concerned. One can have a 1995 digital technology with very good analog section --> will give very good sound (Wadia, Goldmund, Accuphase), otherwise one can have 2008 digital technology with compromised analog section --> will give compromised sound. Do you agree with this?

Chris