How can you not have multichannel system

I just finished listening to Allman Bros 'Live at the Fillmore East" on SACD, and cannot believe the 2-channel 'Luddites' who have shunned multichannel sound. They probably shun fuel injected engines as well. Oh well, their loss, but Kal has it right.
mig007
Again, another consumer review, with his/her insight as to the difference. "Blood on the tracks has been reviewed so often, I just wanted to say this 5.1 mix is amazing. I've heard this album a hundred times and with this mix, I'm hearing instruments I never noticed before. Really amazing." That result is not from trickery or the like. Busted!
And music reporter's take at: http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2003-10-09-dylan-master_x.htm
I am not interested in consumer reviews.

You wrote earlier:
If any reader wants to grasp or learn how multichannel music is recorded please run a google search, 'sacd remixing'. The first two or three hits give a good primer on the subject.

I was looking for an SACD remix primer...an explanation of how the original recording tracks were mixed for multi channel, not for a consumer review.

Thus far, I have found only one article about "Dark Side of the Moon" remixed into SACD multi-channel, but it does not provide the technical info I would expect to find in an SACD remix primer.

I'm interested to know what musical information is being placed into the center and rear channels of a multi mix version of a recording originally released in stereo. The statement I copied earlier regarding "Blood" suggested the multi mix rear tracks were the same as the stereo front tracks, except they were mixed at a lower volume.

Perhaps you can help with a link or two SACD remix primers you have read.

Thanks again.
Even the Communist Chinese understand and appreciate what multichannel sacd brings to the music (see the following site, http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/2003-12/09/content_288700.htm). I could go on and on and if some of you naysayers properly researched the subject, you will ultimately find the site that plainly penetrates your neanderthal minds, that multichannel sacds are re-mixed from the ORIGINAL TAKES, AND NOT FROM THE released STEREO MIX. It is no wonder to me, after reading the posts under this thread, that the Chinese are on the ascent and we are on the descent. Have a good day, and be smug with your two channel systems. OUT
Mig007, I understand the changes that multi channel SACD brings to the
listening experience.

Also, I am aware the multi mix is done from the original tracks and not
from the two channel stereo mix. This is how every remaster is done,
whether stereo or multi channel.

I have never stated in any of my posts that the multi mix was made from the
two channel mix. What I stated was that some multi channel mixes are made
from recordings that were originally released as stereo mixes. I should have
been more specific and said the multi channel mixes were made from the
original tracks used to produce original stereo mixes. You have
misunderstood my point for many posts now, for which I am partly to blame,
and this has been a source of some conflict.

I'm very interested to learn how an engineer or producer chooses to fill the
center and rear channels of a multi mix from what was originally a recording
made for the stereo format. If you find an SACD primer that explains this,
please provide the link.

If by an SACD primer, you were referring to an article that explains that the
original tracks are used to create the multi channel mix, then I understand
that already, and no further info is necessary.

Thanks again.