Yamamoto YDA 01 DAC

Is there any Agoner have this Yamamoto dac and could share his comments on how its sound?
Thanks
ben
Charles,
I ordered mine on the 8th of August.

The amount of resolution was unexpected but "more developped timbres" is probably the better description and this is the kind of "resolution", that was missing from the benchmark. Please keep in mind that we're comming from different directions: you from the Yamamoto, me from the benchmark, so your findings might be different.

I expect this to develop into a long thread so its a pitty, it runs under the Yamamoto lable.
8th of August! Darn, I ordered mine in mid July! Cees says he shipped mine 2 weeks ago, for some reason it has`nt cleared customs(sigh).

Yes, this has unintentionally become a Metrum Octave thread due probably due to my mentioning the Octave while answering a question about my Yamamoto. But really, someone interested in the Yammy will most likely be attracted to the Metrum.

Staehli I look forward to more of your impressions once the Metrum is fully broken-in.
Staehli,
Thanks for your initial impressions. I am looking to your detailed comparison to the benchmark. You may want to start a seperate thread for this.

I used to have Benchmark and replaced it with Rega DAC, which I like better. So I'll be curious to know how Octave compares to the benchmark.
Staehli,

What's the source you are using with the Benchmark and the Octave?
Also, what's downstream from the DAC in your system?

Thank you!
Lewinski,
source is a Lite CD 21 transport with 44 and 96kHz outputs then there's a Merlin TSM mme with EAR 868 and First Watt F5 amplification. Cables are a combination of Stereovox, Morrow and Artisan Silver, Supra Sword for sc and Van den Hull powercords. No powerconditionning.