The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
The best speaker though would be Alan Watts, the philosopher. Check out Alan Watts .com , Amazing stuff.
The best I heard was two pairs of Klipschorns powered by two Carver M-500t power amps. A true concert hall sound in a near concert hall-sized music room! Awesome!

Also the 79" tall Magnepan MG20.1 planars powered by Jeff Rowland Model 6 monoblocks. Transparancy was absolutely stunning!

There are other examples much more exciting than my '79 Klipsch Cornwalls, but they come in 3rd place to my ears.
Polks srs are by far the best ive heard, but then i have not listened to a whole lot of speakers, i run the polks threw a Nakamichi Stasis PA-7II amp 225by 225 for now , soon i will hook up a Bryston 600by 600 to really know what they sound like.
There really is no best speaker to list. Each one has their strong points & their weakness. Personally I think the Magnepan speaker is one of the best around for musicality & to really hear the performance from either a CD or record the way it was recorded. Close your eyes & you will be transported to the music completely. I have listened to Maggies for years & enjoyed them alot.
Odeon horns driven by Accuphase electronics. An image so big & texture so massively palpable it felt like you were transported into Patricia Barbers emotional center. Totally mind-blowing!