How to get rid of transformer hum?

I have a pair of Pass X600s and an ac line with about 5% clipping of the sine wave. This gives me a large amount of transformer rattle (mechanical hum). I have built a line filter with two diodes and a couple of caps that has gotten rid of 80% of the noise but I'm looking for a inexpensive fix. My power company will not fix the power coming in unless it is clipping by more than 7%. Any suggestions?

Tommy
tommy
I have in the past used a vpi brick (currently on top of my Ls7 pre) and it brought the hum down a lot. It may not do what you want on a electical basis but it is the cheap fix you may be looking for.
A Shakti Stone electromagnetic stabilizer may be a useful fix for this application (at least one for each amp)
Steve

The mfg said that is the power that is causing the hum and sure enough when I made the filter it got rid of about 80% of the hum. I posted this thinking that someone else might have a easy cure. I'll clip some more diodes across to see what happens since they cost about 60 cents a piece. Thanks again for your input.
Tommy, Sqjudge has the right idea. I had a Levinson 335 with the same problem, Madrigal technical guys here in London UK suggested the transformer (in my case 4KW) which works perfectly
Fchurtic
Lets see what we got so far. The mechanical hum couldn't been a design problem, for that would have surfaced and licked at the maker's QC dept.
I agree with Stevemj 5-14-01 post part about loose laminations or windings acting up. Varnish which is used to fill gaps in trans. or motor windings do deteriorate with time. Tommy, it might be worth your while to call a motor/transformer coilwinder workshop to check if all you need is a bake and re-varnish to seal off your misery! This problem is very common thing to electrical maintenance people. Get opinions of a couple of coil winders & their price to the job.
I've not had this same problem with my audio so far, but I have solved similar transfr hums (in my work) by tightening mounting screws or a re-bake/varnish at the winder's. I cannot guaranty this will work for you but a coat of insulating varnish does no harm, and I dont think is expensive. But try not start your conversation with the winder saying the usual hi-end audio stuff, you know what i mean :)