Audio Research Ref CD8 vs Esoteric X03SE

Looking to take my digital front end up a few notches and am looking at the CD8 and the X03SE. I have an Audio Research Ref3 preamp, Pass Labs X250.5 amp, and Magnepan 20.1 speakers and want a CD player with good bottom end control and extension. Need help deciding.
powerdoctor
I ,too, am a big fan of ARC.
I own the LS26 and CD3 and am looking at the REF110 or CD8
for my next upgrade move.
The Esoteric and ARC both make great sounding units and both have different sounds.
It depends on what sound you're use to listening to.
My CD3 sounds better with my ARC pre-amp than the other brand I had.
Happy Listening.
Sally
Just find a dealer willing to loan you both units and make your own judgements. It your ears!
i have the esoteric p3-d3 combo - this was compared side-by-side with the ARC CD-7. although the CD-7 is great for the $$$ the p3-d3 was easily its better. more low end control and better soundstaging throughout the spectrum.
the CD-7 is the best bang for the buck as its ALOT cheaper than the esoteric combo but its not quite as good if money is no object.
The p3-d3 also benefits alot by adding the G-Os word clock - another definite step up.
im using ARC Ref3 and Ref 610 monos driving Dynaudio Masters..
As somebody mentioned the ARC Ref 3 is a little bloated in the low end but its so incredibly musical that it has still bested every other preamp ive tried.
yes - another 2 cents worth..\
jimbooooooooooooooooo