Cambridge Audio 840C

Has anyone compared this cd player to the Bryston BCD-1 or perhaps the PrimaLuna Prologue 8?
roblanger
I have compared it to the Bryston BCD-1. I found the 840C to be bright compared to the BCD-1. If you love bass, the BCD-1 shines, in my opinion.
Sony XA5400ES...buy one before they vanish! You will be happy with SACD and RB playback, both of which are near state of the art:O)
The 840C is a great player for the money. The Bryston is fairly neutral if that is your thing. But if you can afford it, I would get the PrimaLuna with the $85 board upgrade - in another class in terms of performance and you can role the tubes to suite your personal tastes.
Knownothing, I read there is an issue with the impedance of the Primaluna 8 which can cause a lack of bass depending on the impedance of the preamp connected to it. Does the board resolve the impedance issue?
06-09-09: Foster_9
Knownothing, I read there is an issue with the impedance of the Primaluna 8 which can cause a lack of bass depending on the impedance of the preamp connected to i
If it matters, a Burson Buffer will correct impedance mismatch.