bel canto dac 3 cd 2 owners

hi, I have the cd2 transport dac 3 digital front end, and next week I am going to add the new vps power supply, which takes place of the power supply in both the cd2 and dac 3, has any one out there done this yet ? is it worth the money ? I know that better power supplies make about anything sound better, but this is a $2,000 upgrade so I hope its worth it ! thanks, chris
chrissain
Just picked up the VB Ref cables for my DAC3.5VB II and the CD2. But am currently away from home so couldn't test them.

When I opened the package, I was a little thrown because the cables don't look at all like the ones in the Stereophile CES 2011 photo (silver braid). Mine were grey/black like the original.

Can't wait to hear the combo in my main system now that I have the MkII upgrade.
My VB Ref cable as well as the ones I've seen at a local dealer all have black colored outer braids, but are noticeably a bit larger in diameter than the standard power cables. The improvement in sound that they make is quite obvious to experienced listeners and I believe well worth their cost. Please let us know your thoughts once you've had a chance to hear them after allowing for some break-in time.
I think I was thrown by the connector (looked different from the one in the Stereophile pic which looked larger) and also because of the 2 pin to barrel cable (which I was going to use on the CD2) because it didn't look thicker (from memory) than the original.

The 2 pin to 2 pin definitely looked thicker.