SACD Multichannel player - $400 budget

Want to put a player in my home theater system for around $400 (used). If money was not a consideration I would opt for a Sony XA777ES. Not interested in any Denon players. Suggestions much appreciated.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkira
sony 595, often available as a refurb at SonyStyle for $60, including shipping. I have the xa777es and the 595, very little difference.
A number of high end universal players that don't support Blu-ray are being closed out at serious discounts.

I bought a Pioneer DV-79avi player from an authorized dealer last week. It was brand new and reduced to just within your price range. I am sure there are better players out there but this was a great deal. No Blu-ray but it does a fine job with SACD.

Another sharply reduced player I was looking at was the Denon 2930ci. It is available online for $200.
Sony DVP-NS9100ES and 9000ES DVD/CD players do multichannel SACDs. Both are becoming pretty cheap these days.

The 9100ES also has a great picture, although I'm sure you've already got that covered. I have the 9100 and it sounds very good to me on CD and SACD, but I admit I have not heard any other high end SACD players.

GOod luck
If you can purchase a preowned Marantz DV6001 Universal player (no longer manufactured), you'll be very satisfied with its sound. I purchased one on Audigon preowned. It was only about a year old and got a great deal. Seller was fantastic. It's a multi-channel SACD player, DVD player, CD player, etc. Since my purchase, I have now invested in about 20 hybrid multi-channel SACDs from the Allman Brothers to Carole King to Marvin Gaye to Spyro Gyra, etc. Sound is stupendous.

FYI, there is a preowned Marantz DV8400 Multi-channel SACD/DVD player for sale at videogon.com for $300.00 under DVD players. This unit is a step above my DV6001 so there you go. Can only sound better !!