Is Sony XA-5400ES fully 'truly' balanced?

Just purchased new Sony XA-5400ES SACD player. Sounds fantastic after a couple hundred hours. Currently running 'inexpensive' Kimber Hero SE interconnects. Was wondering if any benefit should/would be realized from changing to XLR balanced cables? Not sure if the Sony is a fully balanced unit? The preamp IS fully balanced Krell KCT.
sg69
No. I haven't had a source with XLR outputs in years. As I recall the last time was with the SCD-1 and I believe that WAS fully balanced. Not 100% on that either.
It has a balanced output and it's done correctly. The SCD-1 was not done correctly.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=hirez&n=261675

I have mine connected to a BAT VK-50SE preamp - it only allows XLRs, and of course, is differentially balanced. I hope you can try connecting the balanced outputs of your 5400 to your preamp. I'd like to know if you perceive a difference.

Regards,
I've had a Sony xa-5400es for 7 months now and ran Audioquest King Cobra RCAs for a couple of months then switched to King Cobra XLRs and it made a noticable difference in sound through my McIntosh MA6900 and PSB Synchrony Ones. It is interesting that the system plays louder through the RCAs but sounds smoother with the XLRs.